Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get input screen 45a to work?

prctaxman
Level 1

We filed a hand prepared 8 installment payment summary with an amended 2017 tax return.  For the 2018 return I entered the 8 installment information on input screen 45a but nothing prints out.  Where should this information on 45a go to and how do I get it to work?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

I think your problem is that the form 965 has not been released. It appears it will be ready to go on 4/18/19 https://lfs.intuit.com/?appid=54494D4A4F484E534F4E#/s/US/I

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15
More info please. What is an 8 installment summary? What type of return? Lacerte screens don't typically have a letter attached, so I am really confused.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Maybe @itonewbie can chime in for a PRC taxman

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
I suppose 45a goes to where 45a is supposed to go.  Perhaps @prctaxman could decode his cryptic message for us.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
prctaxman
Level 1
Under 'Other taxes' there is a screen for Deemed Repatriation/Section 965, with the tax that is due theoretically going to Schedule 4 of Form 1040, 'Other Taxes', line 63.  As of today, it doesn't work......how do I get an amount to Schedule 4, line 63?????  H E L P.....
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I think your problem is that the form 965 has not been released. It appears it will be ready to go on 4/18/19 https://lfs.intuit.com/?appid=54494D4A4F484E534F4E#/s/US/I

0 Cheers