Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I get form 8611 to generate on lacerte for a 1040?

klhh
Level 3

I have a taxpayer who has a k-1 from a partnership that passed through low income housing credits in prior years. Because of at risk, rules, he had to a small amount of the credits. How do I get form 8611 to become part of the return? I cannot find anywhere in the program that talks about credit recapture. Thank you for your help and stay safe and healthy!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Try Screen 34

Lacerte has this snifty feature:
Go to where you expect the info/amount to appear. Right click on that field, then click on "jump to input". That will *usually* take you to where you to input the info (or give you the various options when there are multiple places).

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
abctax55
Level 15

Try Screen 34

Lacerte has this snifty feature:
Go to where you expect the info/amount to appear. Right click on that field, then click on "jump to input". That will *usually* take you to where you to input the info (or give you the various options when there are multiple places).

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
klhh
Level 3

I already tried that. It didn't help. It stuck me in the middle of a worksheet that didn't have anything that led to the production of 8611 as far as I could tell.

0 Cheers
klhh
Level 3

Oops. Screen 34 was the correct response. My mistake. I was thinking a different page. So thank you very, very much!

0 Cheers