Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i force form 7202 to use 2019 income for my self employed client

KR55
Level 1

how do i force form 7202 to use 2019 income for my self employed client, I entered the 2019 income in the 2019 overwrite box on the input screen for form 7202

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

I really have not yet meddled with it, but my guess is the program is not yet ready for Prime Time. Maybe @IntuitAlicia could help? 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/what-screen-do-i-use-to-g...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
perftax2
Level 1

I have a similar situation with the 7202, we have a client who's "mother" took and SE Tax Deferral last year on her tax return (she is new to us this year) and we need to pick up that SE Tax and I can't find how to do it on the 7202 or even find the 7202.  Was wondering if anyone had any new information on how to do it.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

How to find a form and input

FIND A FORM - Click the Forms tab and then on the left click All - Scroll through until you find the form

FIND AN INPUT - Look at the form and find the line (or box) you want input for and RIGHT CLICK on that line or box and select "Jump to Input" 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@perftax2 wrote:

I have a similar situation with the 7202, we have a client who's "mother" took and SE Tax Deferral last year on her tax return (she is new to us this year) and we need to pick up that SE Tax and I can't find how to do it on the 7202  

Deferred SE tax has nothing to do with Form 7202, and it does not go on the tax return.  First payment is late.  See this link for how she can pay:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/how-self-employed-individuals-and-household-employers-repay-deferred-so...

qbteachmt
Level 15

"and we need to pick up that SE Tax "

It was Payment deferral; they already reported the income. They were supposed to make a payment by Dec 31, 2021 and another by Dec 31, 2022. It has nothing to do with tax reporting, now.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers