Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I designate that a taxpayer has medicare coverage for 2 months for the California tax return

Covered by covered CA for 10 months
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

On Screen 39.3, you can just put a "1" in "covered for all months."  That field doesn't care what type of coverage they had.

On Screens 39.2 and 39.4, use the coverage start/termination dates to match the 1095-A and 3895. i.e., if they forgot to cancel CoveredCA (like one of my clients did), it should not be an issue that they are double-covered with medicare.

If you have married couple where 1 became eligible for MC mid-year (again, like one of mine), you'll have two sets of each form.  Just "add" (middle window on the left) another form to each screen and input the matching data.

If you have MC premiums to report (and hopefully deduct), they'll go in one of the following: 14.1 (deducted from SS), 24 (if self-employed), or 25.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*