Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Household Employee Social taxes already paid with W-2

RK67
Level 2

Where do I report Social Security and Medicare tax appearing on a 2020 W-2 to a Household Employee? I don't see fields on Schedule H to show what social taxes have already been paid by the Payroll Provided who prepared the W-2 for the household employee. Schedule H computes the Employer and Employee social taxes that would flow to Form 1040 page 2 to be paid with the tax return. But we have to report that social taxes were already paid during the year via payroll provider.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

Enter them as estimated tax payments.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15

Enter them as estimated tax payments.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
RK67
Level 2

Thank you! I hope the IRS computers will do the appropriate 'matching' of taxes paid by the taxpayer via his Federal EIN. Maybe they will send a letter to the taxpayer and we will have to respond explaining that these 'estimated taxes' are for social security taxes already paid on behalf of a household employee.

sjrcpa
Level 15

You're welcome.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Since you mentioned a Payroll Provider and "paid by the taxpayer via his Federal EIN" it makes me wonder if the provider processed this as form 941/944, or 943 reporting and payments, even. What sort of reporting do you have from that provider? What sort of "FEIN" is this that you mention?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers