Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home purchase 100% for bus. Never lived there.Showed sale of bus prop gain flowed to her K-1. Deed her name. Could she show sale of pers. residence with no gain?.

Christine384
Level 2

S corp. Rooms all used for dress making and client appointments.  bought in 2000 sold in 2017. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxMonkey
Level 8

Its unclear what you are trying to accomplish.  You stated the s-corp reported the sale and the gain flowed to her on the K-1.  Why do you want to report the sale again on her personal return?  Did she received a 1099-S?

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
TaxMonkey
Level 8

Its unclear what you are trying to accomplish.  You stated the s-corp reported the sale and the gain flowed to her on the K-1.  Why do you want to report the sale again on her personal return?  Did she received a 1099-S?

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Good deciphering of a "less than clear" post.
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Christine384
Level 2
She was unhappy with the results of the Corp. gain on the sale.  She found an accountant who was going to change it to a personal residence with no gains.  I am no longer her accountant.  I just wanted some feed back to see what I may have missed.  Yes she got the 1099-S in her personal name.  For 18 years the business took depreciation and all expenses in the home.  I don't see how it could not be a gain in the business.  
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm thinking it's kinda hard to say personal residence if they never lived there ---------------------- especially if it was owned by an S corp.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Christine384
Level 2
House deed in her name and not the corporation.  Thanks for comment.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
But you DID say "she never lived in it...."
HAS it been depreciated in the S-corp?
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Christine384
Level 2
Yes everything went through the business.  She found an accountant who was going to just put it as a personal residence sale.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I suspect that, since the "deed was in her name"  SHE got a F 1099-S in HER social showing the gross sale.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers