Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Lacerte Balance Sheet?

FrostedWolf
Level 2

I am having difficulty with the balance sheet and retained earnings.  Is there someone I can

actually talk to to assist in this?  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

As long as you are working from a properly balanced balance sheet and income statement, it should be a piece of cake.  If you are putting pieces together like a jigsaw puzzle, you are going to have problems.

Slava Ukraini!
FrostedWolf
Level 2

I have a balance sheet and income statement.   I am having trouble with the flow of information  and understanding a question that is being posed.   Is there a way to actually talk to someone about this?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Is there a way to actually talk to someone about this?"

This forum is open to the world so nobody is going to be lusting to be posting their phone number here.  I don't do Lacerte, but maybe if you post some more details as to what exactly you have going on, someone might be able to help.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Is there a way to actually talk to someone about this?"

Not here; this is a text-based discussion forum of peer users.

"I am having trouble with the flow of information"

What, specifically?

"and understanding a question that is being posed."

What question? By whom; the program?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
FrostedWolf
Level 2

One of the partners of a S-Corp had return reviewed.  They have question.  First time I have client with over 1 million in assets. 

Question:

Retained earnings (Schedule L line 24) does not match schedule M2 line 8

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

"Triple A doesn't always match retained earnings, for a variety of reasons, most common of which is that some transactions can reduce retained earnings below zero, but can't reduce AAA below zero."

You could go back to the inception of the corporation and figure out when and why each component of the discrepancy arose, but the cost of that should be borne by the curious shareholder.

Also, it doesn't make a bit of difference for an S-corp that's always been an S-corp.