Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I inform Lacerte that my former employer is still using an EFIN in my name? I would like to have it removed from the company account. I cannot find an email.

rainer-fk
Level 1

I used to be the director of a tax firm but have left. The EFIN was under my name, but I have since left the firm. I believe that the company is still using an EFIN which they are not authorized to do so since I am not employed there anymore. I would like Intuit to remove it from the company account so it cannot be used anymore.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Have you CHECKED if they are using your EFIN?  You can look up how many returns are filed with it:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/safeguarding-taxpayer-data-monitor-your-efin-for-suspicious-activity

Have you ASKED the company to stop using your EFIN?

If they continue to use your EFIN after you tell them not to, you can call the help desk at the IRS.   From the link above:  Please contact the IRS e-help Desk at 866-255-0654 if you see a significantly higher volume than you transmitted.

As for your original question, perhaps Intuit is able to ask the company to re-verify their EFIN (which would stop them from using yours, because they hopefully don't have access to your e-services account).  I suspect calling them is the best way.  But in my opinion, you should FIRST verify they are using it and ask them to stop, and contact the IRS if they continue to use it.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Have you CHECKED if they are using your EFIN?  You can look up how many returns are filed with it:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/safeguarding-taxpayer-data-monitor-your-efin-for-suspicious-activity

Have you ASKED the company to stop using your EFIN?

If they continue to use your EFIN after you tell them not to, you can call the help desk at the IRS.   From the link above:  Please contact the IRS e-help Desk at 866-255-0654 if you see a significantly higher volume than you transmitted.

As for your original question, perhaps Intuit is able to ask the company to re-verify their EFIN (which would stop them from using yours, because they hopefully don't have access to your e-services account).  I suspect calling them is the best way.  But in my opinion, you should FIRST verify they are using it and ask them to stop, and contact the IRS if they continue to use it.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
Isn't the EFIN assigned to the Company/Firm? Although you do have to tell the IRS about changes in the authorized/key  (whatever the term) employees.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers