Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the Lacerte Tax Planner been updated for the 100% of AGI charitable donation deduction for 2020?

lmscpa
Level 3

It looks to me like the 2020 charitable donation limitation is still at the 60% level. Am I missing something?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
lmscpa
Level 3

UPDATE - I contacted tech support by phone to discuss the issue. I was on the phone, mostly on hold, for an hour and 16 minutes. At first, I was given several reasons why their Tax Planner program was correct. After much explaining about the law passed in March on my part and being put on hold several times so he could consult with other tech support people, he finally gave in and agreed that there should be an entry option for 100% limit cash for 2020. The next day I received an email from tech support saying that I should use the "100% Conservation Property" line for that entry as a work-around. Unfortunately, that results in a zero charitable deduction for California. So it also needs an entry in the CA 50% Cash Limitation, if diff to make the amount correct for California purposes.

John Dukes
Level 3

So I suppose they see no need to update the program?

0 Cheers