Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form Release

Brad43
Level 2

When will the 8995A sch D be released?    Our firm is loaded with farmers that must be completed by 3/1 and almost all of our farmers have the Patronage DPAD deduction that is being held up with this form.   Doesn't even show up on the Form release schedule.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
George4Tacks
Level 15

Hopefully @IntuitAustin can give a reasonable ETA. https://lfs.intuit.com/#/s/US/I does not help.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Forelini
Level 2

I guess at this point I think we are wanting Lacerte to tell us whether it will be released in time for use on March 2 filing deadlines or if we have to resort to not using using the program and printing off forms from the IRS website to paper file returns.

Forelini
Level 2

For those waiting on the release of Form 8995-A Schedule D from Lacerte, I just got off the phone with them and they are advising to paper file returns needing to use this schedule as they do not know if they will get their form development on this Schedule D completed by the March 2 filing deadline for farmers.  They may or they may not, but they are not giving out any possible release date as of today.  They said it is not an IRS issue but rather an issue with their forms development.

Brad43
Level 2

Many thanks forelini for looking into that.   I was hoping that it was an IRS issue in that maybe they would extend farmer deadline like last year.   Alas, we are hosed as it is Lacerte issue.     Hate doing the paper file, it just throws our procedures out of whack.   We are looking at a couple of options, paper file and/or dropping the DPAD and amending those this summer when the form comes available.    What a mess. 

Thanks again for your help,

Brad

0 Cheers
clayinnd
Level 3

Really, they think we should paper file a form that says This Form is Not Available for Release

Not a good answer from a company that I pay over $10,000 a year to

I have over 70 farm returns stacked up waiting to go.

Ultra Tax has had this form out for at least 2 weeks.

Looks like they are going to force people that do a substantial amount of farm returns to look elsewhere.

0 Cheers
JLHalle
Level 1

This is so frustrating that they can't have the 8995-a (Sch D) able to go.   They have the input boxes on the schedule F exactly like last year so we have to give the software the exact numbers to drop into that form.   If they are trying to develop it to be able to calculate those fields and can't get that accomplished in time for the farm deadline.....at the very least simply allow the form to populate via the entries we are all used to putting into the software.   There is no way any of us doing returns in an agricultural community can paper file these returns AND can you imagine the correspondence from IRS when their employees are trying to input those returns from paper filed returns.   We are all required to electronically file and PAY to have LaCerte software to get that accomplished.  After last year we were very tempted to make a change in software but didn't - now I totally regret not changing.    They shouldn't sell the software to preparers doing farm returns if they can't meet the early farm deadline.   We are letting them stack up as ready to print as soon as this form is available.  It's calculating the 8995-A (Sch D) correctly if you have the QBI allocable to qualified payments received from coop and W-2 wage allocable to qualified payment received from coop fields manually calculated in the QBI section of Sch F input ...just clear the form to print. when the preparer has already done these calculations.  PLEASE.....DO IT SOON.

0 Cheers
Forelini
Level 2

I could not agree with your more!  This is totally unacceptable to not have 8995-A Schedule D available for use by now.  Like you, I have stacks of farm returns due March 2 that are waiting on this form.  I cannot imagine what form Lacerte can be working on that is more important than this form since it is needed for the March 2 filing deadline??  And to not even give a us possible release date??  I have clients getting upset, and I cannot blame them when the form is available on the IRS website and has been since December 19.  I wish Lacerte would at least comment on this issue and give us some hope that they are working on it and put out an expected release date.

0 Cheers
Forelini
Level 2

To clarify:  What Lacerte was suggesting was that we print 8995-A Schedule D off of the IRS website and complete it and then paper file.  Which I agree is a totally unacceptable solution from a tax software company that we pay money to so we don't have to do this type of thing.

0 Cheers
FredKCPA
Level 2

We echo many others in complaining that the Form 8995-A Sch D has not been in the Lacerte program yet. PAPER-FILE it...You've got to be kidding!! For the reason to IRS why we are paper-filing it, do you also suggest we put "Due to Lacerte Programming Issues"?

0 Cheers
mjl
Level 1

We are looking around other Tax software. We had enough of Intuit products! Quickbooks was down multiple times since the beginning of the year; Lacerte is not releasing any detail as to when the form will be available. They need to tell us, if or not they will be able to fix this problem on time. Like you said it is not worth paying thousands of $$$ for a software that doesn't work. 

0 Cheers