Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8949 Exception Reporting Statement

LenaW
Level 1

I'm attempting to attach a pdf document to a tax return for efiling.  The instructions I'm finding indicate to use the 'Link to Form' option indicating 'Form 8949 Exception Reporting Statement' which will attach the pdf to be efiled and not require a paper copy to be sent.  I am receiving an error that says 'The PDF file is linked to a nonexistent form.  Please verify the 'Link to Form ... field is correct.'  I'm not sure what is done improperly.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15
You may need to add the line # from the Schedule D input Screen 17. Also be sure to check the box for the attachment in Screen 17

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
LenaW
Level 1

I think everything is attached properly but it is generating the Form 8453.  I guess I will mail in the backup documentation.  The software indicates that it is attached as a pdf.  I need to get this completed so will plan to mail.  Thank you for the response.

0 Cheers