Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 706 for portability one

WRenner
Level 1

Filing Form 706 only to elect portability. Two beneficiaries, wife and charitable organization. I've enter all asset and selected one of the two beneficiaries. According to instructions for form 706 if just electing portability, Schedule M and O still need to list the assets but without a value.

I cannot get the assets I listed on schedule D, E &  I to either schedule M or O without entering a value. 

I entered assets directly in schedule M as overrides and that promted the program to transfer the info to that schehdule in addition to listing the assets I enter as overrides.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
George4Tacks
Level 15

First look at Screen 24 blue highlight section

706-1.JPG

Go to Screen 10 as an example and see what I have circled here - Press F1 at that entry point and you get

"

Schedule A - Real Estate Screen 10; Code 2

Select the name of the beneficiary/spouse from the drop down menu or enter the number corresponding to the beneficiary/spouse on Screen 2, Beneficiary Information indicating which party is bequeathed this property. Alternatively, use the drop down to select the ratio number corresponding to an allocation ratio entered in Beneficiary Allocations (Screen 34)."

706-2.JPG

Then go to Screen 34 and enter some percentages for 1, 2, 3, 4, etc and use them to assign the proper Percentage to each beneficiary.

706-3.JPG

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers