Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 5471 Schedule P Critical Diagnostic

FMES
Level 3

Has anyone had an issue E-filing due to Form #5471 Schedule P.  A critical diagnostic #2051972 contiunes to occur even though I have attached a PDF of Sch P as the requested.  Any thoughts?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Ah, that's because you didn't link it to the right form.  You must choose 69 = Form 5471, Schedule P and make sure you select the correct Activity name from the dropdown.

Once you complete the above, the CD will disappear automatically.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
itonewbie
Level 15

But why would you need to attach Sch P as a PDF and what does the diagnostic that prompts you to do so say?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
FMES
Level 3

Good question.  Lacerte's diagnostics  indicated that if you are filing a CAT 5 Form 5471, you need to include Schedule P or you get a critical error.  Ironically, the foreign corporation is new and has never had any profit & earnings, and therefore there is no previously taxed E&P to report.

Once you include the Schedule P, Lacerte's diagnostics indicate that the Schedule P can't be E-filed and you are instructed to attach a PDF copy and link it to Form 5471 Schedule P on input sheet EF 4.1.  I did this, but the Schedule P diagnostic doesn't go away.  

The specific Critical Diagnostic Warning is "e-file: Form 5471 #1: Schedule P is not included in the efile and must be manually attached in the Electronic Filing screen as a PDF attachment. [ref. #2051972]

Any assistance in resolving this issue so that I can e-file would be greatly appreciated.  FYI, this is for a 2018 individual tax return.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Ah, that's because you didn't link it to the right form.  You must choose 69 = Form 5471, Schedule P and make sure you select the correct Activity name from the dropdown.

Once you complete the above, the CD will disappear automatically.

Still an AllStar
FMES
Level 3

Thank you.  I had the "Link to form" input correctly reflected,  but not the "Activity name or number".  

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Glad you got that resolved, @FMES!  This won't be a problem with 2019, AFAIK.  Have a great day!

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
FMES
Level 3

Is there a list of CD reference numbers?  When I searched for an answer for this issue prior to asking the Community, I was hoping a response would pop up based on the number.   I wonder if Lacerte would be able to filter any CD inquiries to a data basis that can be sorted by reference numbers.  Just a thought.  

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

I think a lot of folks wish there's one.  Unfortunately, there's not.  Your best chance is to Google it.  If you are lucky, it should pop up so long as someone had asked about that before - you should be able to use the native search bar here but you can't because it's "new and improved." /s

Still an AllStar
leylahanson
Level 1

I am still getting this error message. I have linked to the form 5471, Schedule P and also indicate the activity number (which just so happens to be the name of the CFC.) Sill getting the error message that Schedule P is not included in the efile and must be manually attached in the Electronic Filing screen as a PDF attachment. I deleted the attachment and have re-attached it but no success. Will this diagnostic prevent the e-filing?

0 Cheers
leylahanson
Level 1

OK -- it's fixed. Looks like I had a corrupt PDF. I followed the instructions at Ref. # 2008108 and was able to get that diagnostic to disappear. Phew !