Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1065, Sch L, Book Basis

herb
Level 2

I'm having an issue with reporting 2020 partnership Sch L on book basis.  Lacerte picks up the beginning and ending capital (Sch L, Line 21) from M-2, which is now required to be tax basis.  That throws my Sch L out of balance, because my clients use straight-line depreciation for book purposes.  All other lines being the same for books and tax, if the accumulated depreciation is not tax basis on Sch L, Line 9b, then the capital accounts on Sch L, Line 21, must also not be tax basis. 

I was not able to find a way to make Lacerte report Sch L, Line 21 correctly.  After a long conversation, best advice tech support could offer was to override Line 21 amounts on Screen 24.

Has anyone else experienced this?  And do you know a better solution than overriding?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kgreen8393
Level 5

We have been overriding the partners capital balance on Schedule L.  I have found no other way to do this.  Seems like it would be easy to code this computation by taking prior year capital plus book income per M-1/M-3, less distributions.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
kgreen8393
Level 5

We have been overriding the partners capital balance on Schedule L.  I have found no other way to do this.  Seems like it would be easy to code this computation by taking prior year capital plus book income per M-1/M-3, less distributions.

herb
Level 2
Thank you!
0 Cheers