Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I am trying to prepare a 2018 1040X, but in Lacerte I am getting the message "This form is not available for this release." Do I need to wait or install something?

Mark-Li
Level 1

Not sure if there is something I need to configure, or if I need to wait for this form to become available. Thanks in advance.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

Form 1040X final instructions were made available this week.  This form is tentatively scheduled to be included in one of our scheduled program updates the Week of March 5.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

Form 1040X final instructions were made available this week.  This form is tentatively scheduled to be included in one of our scheduled program updates the Week of March 5.

0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

I have checked the Lacerte form status website - lfs.intuit.com and it states that this form was final on February 10th and it is generating in my program. I would update your Lacerte tax program and then see if the form is available. If you are unsure how to update your Lacerte program in the Search box in the upper right type in 'program updates' and click on Search it will bring up our knowledge base for downloading and installing Lacerte program updates.

0 Cheers
Mark-Li
Level 1
Hmm interesting. When I try the link and lookup 1040X, I get: This form is final and watermarked "Do not file" or "This form is not available" pending final development and release
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
Hold on Mark, I am sorry I was looking at the 1040NR, let me see if there is an ETA on this.
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
I am not sure why I read 1040NR. I just double checked and it looks like we are waiting for some final instructions for the form. There is no ETA when it will be available.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
1040x was just released Jan 2019. If you are not amending 2018, you can use the 1040x with the prior year program.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers