Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forcing SE Health for Medicare Preimums of Spouse

JR85
Level 1

Is anyone else having trouble with the SE health insurance calculating when you enter a 1 in screen 14.1 to deduct spouse's Medicare premums on taxpayer's SE Health Insurance. I have to foce the numbers on the return and it seems like if the option exists in the program it should work properly. The code section clearly states that SE health insurance is the taxpayer and their spouse's premiums together. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
StknCPA
Level 4

I assume you are entering a 1 in the box 1=treat Medicare premiums paid as SE health insurance.

Look at the next input line: there are codes to treat the spouse's Medicare premiums as the taxpayer's SE and vice versa.

0 Cheers
JR85
Level 1

I have been using those two input boxes and it's still not including both on the return up to the SE income. I have had to force it by entering both taxpayer and spouse's preimums on the taxpayer's line because the spouse's premiums are included when I enter the 1 in the box to treat spouse's preimums as SE Health.

nolacpa
Level 2

I have this problem too.  I am putting a "2" in the box to deduct the taxpayer's Medicare premiums on the spouse's SEHI but the program leaves it on Schedule A instead of moving it to Schedule 1.  There is plenty of Schedule C net income.  Has anyone figured this out? 

0 Cheers