Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force 1099-B Asset on Form 8949

Bizzy85
Level 2

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to print a single asset on the 8949 rather than all assets on the 8949. 

Is there a way in Lacerte to have an asset with box A or D checked and no code/adjustment generate the form 8949?

Thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bizzy85
Level 2

Thanks!

I'm aware of the global option in settings and the option for the return in "Carryovers/Misc. Info" but don't see a field to force one asset property stock sale to print on the 8949. Sadly, I don't think it is possible. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
abctax55
Level 15

Do you mean stock sales (*assets* to me means items on a depreciation schedule)?

"A" & "D" are covered transactions.  List JUST the totals - I use the brokerage name & S/T or L/T Covered as my description.

In settings>options>tax return>federal return options> about 1/3rd way down = "Report All Assets on Form 8949", you can select "report all on F 8949"  which will make (globally) whatever you enter on Screen 17 show up on F 8949.  Covered transactions don't have to go on F 8949, but I find it easier to reconcile the return if they do.

I *think* there's a box to check on Screen 17 to check to force just *that* transaction to F 8949, but I'll let you look for it if you aren't interested in the global solution.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Bizzy85
Level 2

Thanks!

I'm aware of the global option in settings and the option for the return in "Carryovers/Misc. Info" but don't see a field to force one asset property stock sale to print on the 8949. Sadly, I don't think it is possible. 

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

That one *looks* like it should work on an sale by sale basis.  DO you have the box "reptd to IRS" blank?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Bizzy85
Level 2

Yep! That field is blank. Choosing the option in Carryover/Misc Info applies to all stock sales on this return- not just the one stock sale I'd like to see on the 8949. 

0 Cheers