Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firm Email Password

snootsdad
Level 3

George4Tacks you answered this once before back in 2019, but I can't not find your answer.  I have had a Firm password for PDF's since 2013 when it started to be an option.  Now I had to move my software to WIN 11 and now the password is missing and I can't update add it.  Any thoughts.

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
BobKamman
Level 15

If you put an @ in front of the username it may help draw his attention @George4Tacks 

George4Tacks
Level 15

Are you referring to the password that the program sets when you e-mail pdfs? https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/data-security/creating-e-mailing-password-p...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

@snootsdad Also, in the article: How to password protect PDFs.... Under the Set Up tab, "Scroll down to the PDF Password Options section" You'll see Firm password and will be able to view or edit. 

If a reply on this thread helps, please "Accept as Solution". If an article is helpful, please select Yes  at the bottom of the article. We appreciate your feedback!  

0 Cheers
snootsdad
Level 3

@BobKamman, thanks I will re-post and add the @

0 Cheers
snootsdad
Level 3

@IntuitGabi 

I had a Win 10 machine and every year since 2013-2022 the Firm Password is there in the box, however I can't edit it in the Win 10 machine.  Had to move to a Win 11 machine and the password is gone and I can't add or edit the field for Firm password!  So your solution did not address my original comments for help!

0 Cheers
snootsdad
Level 3

@George4TacksYea this article doesn't help with the "Firm Password".  The password for the client works fine.  But the master "Firm Password" is gone in my WIN 11 machine and I can't get into the field/box to add it back.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

Are you able to reset your password to something new? 
Does it appear blank as it does in the article picture? Thanks for the information. 

0 Cheers
snootsdad
Level 3

No can't reset password.  not sure where the article picture you are talking about is?

0 Cheers