Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find Income from Another State

msindc1
Level 4

Colleagues:

Lacerte is telling me that my DC clients have Pennsylvania withholdings.  I don't remember inputting any Pennsylvania withholdings and I do not see any when I look around.  How can I figure out where that information is coming from?!

Micah

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15
Use ctrl + w to batch input. Look at the screens the might have any withholding. Search for a PA.
Probably there. Probably hard to find.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
msindc1
Level 4

Herman:

Great suggestion!  Thank you. 

And yet . . . there is no withholdings in Pennsylvania!  There is a Pennsylvania partnership, but the income is marked with the client's home state (not PA).

0 Cheers
DAS13
Level 3

Does the right-click and jump to input function work, when you right-click on the PA tax return, on the line where it shows the withholding? If not, and you have a PA K-1, then check the K-1 input screen. Under line 15 there are two boxes for state tax paid before and after 12/31/19. Anything there?

msindc1
Level 4

The PA return shows all zeros!

The reason I think there is Pennsylvania withholdings is that there is a diagnostic that says:

"This return has a 1099-MISC with Pennsylvania withholding.  The state withholding is reported on Form PA-40, but it must be entered in screen 50 to properly reflect on the Schedule W-2S/MC (ref. #34600)."

Line 15 (on the K1 and on the input screen) is blank!

0 Cheers
DAS13
Level 3

Do you have a Form 1099-MISC with withholding?

Look on screen 14.1 for 1099 input. Where you put the tax withheld near the bottom of screen, there is a box above the withholding tax line, that you have to click on, to enter more information from the 1099, for purposes of e-filing. Just guessing here.

0 Cheers
msindc1
Level 4

Thanks . . . but nothing PA there, either!

0 Cheers