Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Short Year CA S-Corp Return

amarefan1
Level 2

I have a client that was a CA S-corp and domesticated in NV on 11/30/2021. How do I change the CA tax year-end to 11/30/2021 without changing the Federal tax year-end as well? Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can you have different year-ends?  If you could, then think of the tax deferral opportunities!  

Why do you ask this question?  Is it a software hurdle?  

Sometimes I make 12/31 the YE in the software even though the corp legally terminated a few months prior. I don't know what harm there would be in doing this.

'domesticated'. I know what you mean but 'domesticated' is not the correct word. Or concept.  Unless your client is a cow.😂🤣

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2

Can you have different year-ends?  If you could, then think of the tax deferral opportunities!  

Why do you ask this question?  Is it a software hurdle?  

Sometimes I make 12/31 the YE in the software even though the corp legally terminated a few months prior. I don't know what harm there would be in doing this.

'domesticated'. I know what you mean but 'domesticated' is not the correct word. Or concept.  Unless your client is a cow.😂🤣

0 Cheers
amarefan1
Level 2

Thank you. Yes, it was a software hurdle. I was not sure if CA could have a year-end of 12/31 if it surrendered on 11/30. I will just leave it as 12/31.