Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiduciary Return Input - DNI Diagnostic - Interest Income

BRB
Level 1

The DNI Diagnostic lists the Interest Income entered on Screen 15 as Net Income, as it should be.

However, the Interest Income is also listed as a Deduction Not Attributable to One Class of Income.

This nets out the distributable amount as -0-.

This has not been the case in past years.  Interest Income has always been a Distributable Item.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thank you very much!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

Look at the DNI Diagnostics. Did you possibly input the interest as Tax-Exempt? Was the interest entered in Screen 15?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
BRB
Level 1

Thank you for replying to my question.

Some of the income was entered as taxable bank interest income and some was entered as federally taxable interest income from T-Bills (exempt from state tax).

Yes, all of the interest was entered in Screen 15, and only on Screen 15.

0 Cheers
BRB
Level 1

Hi George4Tacks.

Thanks again for your reply to my post.  I've addressed the questions you asked and still do not have an answer.  Do you have any additional thoughts?

Thanks again.

BRB

0 Cheers
BRB
Level 1

Sorry.  I didn't understand your answer to my question.  Can you provide any additional information?

Thank you.

0 Cheers
BRB
Level 1

Sorry.  I didn't understand your answer to my question.  Would you please provide any additional comments that might help?  Thank you.

0 Cheers