Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBAR Reporting of Indian Stocks

ramkijan82
Level 1

My wife and I have opened joint DEMAT account in India with ICICI Bank in the year 2020. ICICI Bank opened total 4 Bank accounts to link 4 securities account each. 2 are as PINS NRO & NRE and the other two are as Non-PINS NRO & NRE. So, total 4 bank accounts and 4 security accounts.
I am holding bank account balance for the account that is linked to PINS-NRO to hold stocks (equities). Rest three accounts are having 0 balance from the day they opened. Now I have few questions regarding FBAR reporting on those accounts:
1. Do I need to report only the account where the non-zero balance? Or report all accounts irrespective of balances?
2. Is it mandate to report stocks (equities) value balances? If so, how to report those stocks as the values varied based on stocks performance for the previous year.

Your valuable guidance and suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
George4Tacks
Level 15

Greetings New User - ,

You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting tax professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support of the not so professional .

Have a wonderful day!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns