Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Path license

EdCilumbrello
Level 3

My daughter comes in maybe 10 times per season to enter data in tax returns.  Do I need to purchase a license for her?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

Work at different times or spend the $500.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
IRonMaN
Level 15

No

Slava Ukraini!
EdCilumbrello
Level 3

So how we work concurrently?  The software won't let us both work at the same time.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

For that you need to buy another user license.

Ex-AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

You can load the software on another computer. Do input and everything except print and efile on the 2nd machine. Transfer the file (via flash drive,etc) to the main computer to be printed and efiled.

This used to be known as "sneaker network", i.e. I copy to my floppy disk, put on on my sneakers, run down the hall with the floppy disk and put that floppy in the main computer to be finalized. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
EdCilumbrello
Level 3

Thanks George.  I believe that you are saying that as long as the two computers aren't aware of each other or connected to the internet, it would work.  Unfortunately, her computer is connected to the network and the internet.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Work at different times or spend the $500.

Ex-AllStar
EdCilumbrello
Level 3

That is what we do now.  Couldn't bring myself to pay $500 for the privilege of concurrent use 5-10 times per year.  Oh well, it is almost over and there is always next year.  I guess if I go for it early enough, it would dull the pain.  LOL.

EdCilumbrello
Level 3

Are the anvils suitable for dropping and smashing roadrunners?

dkh
Level 15

When you call for your anvil, ask for Jenny. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

The good news is Jenny is indeed working today.

Slava Ukraini!