Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimate #2

Highlighted
Level 2

According to my reading the June 15 estimate is now due on 7/15, but my Lacerte letter to clients still shows a 6/15 due date. Has anyone informed Lacerte they need to update their software program?

Labels (1)
6 Replies 6
Highlighted
Level 15

That’s odd, you would think they would know  about something like that.  I’m just glad I’m using ProSeries after hearing that.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 2

I  use the Proconnect.  I've had to call them on several issues like this in 2020.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 12

You must be new to Intuit.  It usually takes 3 weeks (or more) for them to implement any changes.

Highlighted
Level 2

Actually, I have been using Lacerte for over 30 years. It seems the quality of the product these past two years has not been what it should be, considering the $ we pay.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

I agree and have been using Lacerte since 1992.  Got so frustrated a couple of years ago I switched to UltraTax.  What a nightmare - I'm back with Lacerte and more than willing to put up with some frustration.  Honestly seems like it has slowly deteriorated ever since Intuit bought them out.  Still leaps and bounds better than most other products out there.

Highlighted
Level 2

I thought about Drake a few years ago, but decided not to switch, even though the cost was so much lower. I will be calling Intuit tomorrow to see when they plan to fix this.