Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSignature

FandB
Level 1
Trying to do eSignature but receiving "lacerte printer not activated, error code -41" . This started happening after the last update, I have rebooted with no luck.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
HINJ
Level 1

I am having the same error when trying to print anything to file.

I've rebooted and ran the PDF and Component Repair Tools for Lacerte and ProSeries with no luck.

0 Cheers
HINJ
Level 1

I reached out to support and they had to manually configure the printer driver and give me an activation code. 

0 Cheers
Brit1
Level 1

You can get around the E-Signature request by scanning in the 8879 (and any others) and unchecking the 8879 checkbox in the E-Sig pop-up box - then select "other document"  browse and attach the scanned in ones. The document/s will open and you have to manually add the signature and date prompts before sending. This way you can still attach billing etc.

The problem still exists when trying to E-File however.

0 Cheers
Brit1
Level 1

When I spoke to support the told me to do the following:

Settings

Options

Setup Tab

Change "Auto Generate & Attach PDFs to Efiles" from "Yes" to "No"

OK

Efiling should work now for this client.   DONT FORGET to change the setting back to "Yes" after.

0 Cheers