Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESignature Not Working - both 1st Screen to Request ESig and the Dashboard Screen View So Enlarged that no Functions Work on Screen

CatDskiCPA
Level 2

As of 3-5-2021, the Lacerte 2020 ESignature is NOT Working (excluding the 1-click) so you CANNOT ADD an  Engagement Letter - nor will the 2nd screen for my Invoice work because I cannot get past the 1st screen which normally allows you to Add the Engagement Letter but the screen is so grotesquely enlarged that the screen will NOT allow you to click on any pull downs or anything.   I have also checked the ESignature Dashboard Screen View and found that it is also so enlarged that no Functions Work on Screen.    This is ridiculous !   On March 5th & 6th 2021 when we really need ESignatures this is absolutely unacceptable.   I highly doubt that I am the only person with this problem.   The tech support should NOT be closed with this serious of an issue going on during a Covid remote tax prep season.   Very very very bad.    This issue started when I installed the last update of Lacerte.   There are NO new updates to fix this problem.   I am extremely upset that no one is working this problem in Tech Support that I could find.   PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE IMMEDIATELY.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jerry
Level 5

I spent 2 hours on the phone with Lacerte with a similar issue with eSig.  Yes, it also broke for me in the last update.

It's an issue with high DPI settings.  There's a "ticket in".   No estimate on resolution.  

There is a fix/workaround involving RegEdit.  Much too complex for me to post here.

In the meantime, I found that if you change your high DPI compatibility settings (right click on your Lacerate icon, Properties, click on the Compatibility tab, then the high DPI settings box) to "Application", you will get a weird screen scaling, but it's usable.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
jerry
Level 5

I spent 2 hours on the phone with Lacerte with a similar issue with eSig.  Yes, it also broke for me in the last update.

It's an issue with high DPI settings.  There's a "ticket in".   No estimate on resolution.  

There is a fix/workaround involving RegEdit.  Much too complex for me to post here.

In the meantime, I found that if you change your high DPI compatibility settings (right click on your Lacerate icon, Properties, click on the Compatibility tab, then the high DPI settings box) to "Application", you will get a weird screen scaling, but it's usable.

CatDskiCPA
Level 2

Wow ! Jerry you are Amazing !   This solution worked perfectly !    I was so very desperate to solve this nonworking ESignature problem (since during the weekends lots of clients do their ESigning) that I was beyond despair especially since Lacerte Tech Support was closed and there were NO online solutions nor were there any Warnings of this error -- but then you provided that excellent workaround solution -- which worked perfectly from both the sender side AND (per my clients) the recipient side --- so you SOLVED A HUGE problem !   THANK YOU !  THANK YOU !  THANK YOU  Jerry !   Your kindness is so greatly appreciated.   I cannot thank you enough also for the level of detail you provided in solving this problem -- that you took the time to provide that detail during these busy times was extremely kind of you --- you really helped me so much -- and presumably many other Lacerte users !   Thank you !  And best of luck to you !  --- Catharine Dski

tmensonides
Level 1

Do you know if they are aware of the issue and trying to fix it?  (even if no ETA?) I got this solution to work, but it makes using the actual software so clunky I have to switch back and forth (giant waste of time).

2nd fairly major issue, the startup config file on my system has to be manually edited every update as well...kind of ridiculous for paying 7k for software...

0 Cheers