Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSignature Individual Module

jenhorton
Level 3

LACERTE SUPPORT ///// PLEASE HELP US!

I've been using eSignature now for a couple of years... it's not working this year. The program just stalls.  I make it past the 'processing' then a blank pop-up window appears.  I believe this is where I should be asked if I want to attach any other documents for signature.

My eSignature dashboard also doesn't show up - the USAGE tab is a blank screen.

Is anyone else having trouble with eSignatures?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jenhorton
Level 3

The issue has resolved itself and I'm able to request eSignatures today 🙂

I'm happy again 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
CDenver
Level 1

I was using e-signature yesterday but it is not working today.  I have a call into support but still on hold after 20 min.

0 Cheers
jenhorton
Level 3

The issue has resolved itself and I'm able to request eSignatures today 🙂

I'm happy again 🙂

0 Cheers
pamdory
Level 8

I've been fighting this exact problem this season.  And about on the same timeline as jenhorton.  I too thought it had been resolved, but today I'm wasting time on this issue again.  I'm on the most recent version, I've restarted Lacerte, I've restarted my computer.  I'm out of tricks.

0 Cheers
jenhorton
Level 3

Use LACERTE UPDATE; then close the program, restart your computer, and see if the eSignatures work when you relaunch.

I've yet to see Lacerte Support chime in on any threads and tell us how to fix this... so it may be a recurring issue on their end.  Hopefully if you run the UPDATE the glitch will fix itself.

In the distant past when I wasn't able to fix a problem, I remember support having me rename the Option file in the Lacerte folder to OptionOLD, then reinstall the software - but I'd suggest you have a tech on the line with you before trying that.  That method may have changed with all the program changes from those many years ago.  Good Luck

Jen

pamdory
Level 8

Thanks.  I ended up calling tech support and the very nice tech had me do the old "rename the file OLD" trick.  I agree, I won't do that without a tech holding my hand.

I was surprised the wait was pretty short.

Thanks again for the reply.  It's good to know I'm not the only one having the problem.

0 Cheers
MEM
Level 1

It doesn't seem like there is a solution; just some different things to try. I will just call Lacerte in the morning. 

0 Cheers
pamdory
Level 8

I continue to have this problem even after tech support had me rename the file.  I end up clicking on the Request link numerous times, closing and reopening Lacerte, etc. until finally it goes through.  I wonder if the network is just not handling the traffic as well.  I would imagine there is more demand this year due to the pandemic.  I've had more clients want to use this feature this year and I've never had the problem in prior years.  

Good luck!

0 Cheers
ER_TAX
Level 2

ESIGNATURE has been a nightmare this year for me. Constant blank screen when I go to the esignature dashboard, no handy updating of when they have been completed, constant downtime of esignatures.

Glad I didn't shell out for the unlimited esignatures, I imagine those people are really upset.

Workarounds: Use Smartvault to get signatures (also uses docushare for signatures)

Log onto docushare.com website directly to see status of requested signatures completed or not. 

GET IT TOGETHER LACERTE!!

0 Cheers

ESIGNATURE DASHBOARD

Not showing any client history.  I believe a client sent back their DocuSign agreement, but I cannot see or download it.  I have tried updating software, but I am on the current version.  Please let me know if there is another work around.   Thanks!

I used this last year, and love it!  I am hoping this is a temporary issue.

0 Cheers
jenhorton
Level 3

I cannot speak to what your exact issue may be, but I've found that the following steps often fix my problems:

• Download and update the mosst current version of Lacerte
  • Restart your PC
  • Reopen Lacerte and see if that fixes it

If this doesn't help, you may need to contact Lacerte.  My eSignatures are working correctly at the moment, so yours should be, too.

0 Cheers
jenhorton
Level 3

I just received a critical message in my Lacerte program...

Maybe this will fix your issue...

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-news-updates/discussion/esignature-display-issue...

0 Cheers