Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSignature - can I attach a password-protected Client Copy tax return with eSignature?

SLOCalCPA
Level 2

If I password-protect a Client Copy of a tax return using Lacerte, can I then send that password-protected file using eSignature?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
machatz
Level 3

Yes, or at least I have before.  I attach the return as a "reference document" in the drop-down menu when requesting e-signatures.  

0 Cheers
SLOCalCPA
Level 2

Thanks!  But I may need to contact Lacerte directly, as I'm trying my 5 free eSignatures, and when I try to attach and send it as a "reference document" I get an error message and it won't send it.  Perhaps the error message relates to something else...

0 Cheers
SLOCalCPA
Level 2

Hi Machatz -

I spoke with Lacerte this morning about how to use eSignature to send a password-protected Client Copy of a tax return.  They tried doing it themselves attaching it as a "reference document" and said that it apparently can not be done. 

If you happen to know otherwise, then both they and I would be delighted to know how you do it!

Thanks!

0 Cheers