Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERO Signature Date on 8879

KariA
Level 2

Please give me the adequate directions on how to make the ERO signature date show up on 8879s.  I am so frustrated, can't find it and Lacerte support call says over an hour wait. Thank you. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
George4Tacks
Level 15

Screen 4 > 2nd item enter the date you want. 

Here is a bonus tip: Go to the form you want (8879). Find the box or line you want (i.e. date) and RIGHT CLICK, then select "Jump to Input". It doesn't work on every entry, but it sure saves calling or posting here.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
KariA
Level 2

Hi, Thank you for the information.  I should have been clearer, where do I do this on business 8879s?  I cannot find the signature date area for the ERO.  Thanks!

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Enter a taxpayer date of signature and it duplicates to to preparer.  Try Right click on line with the date and select "Jump to Input". If it doesn't work for preparer, try it for client. This right click on the forms view is a very useful tool. Sometimes you have to play detective.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
MaryAnne2
Level 2

That's for one return. Where is the default?

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

On the business return, there's no way to enter an ERO signature date.

@MaryAnne2 if you mean on an individual return, there is no default date. What date do you want to enter, that you'll sign all your returns on?

MaryAnne2
Level 2

Sorry, not the date. I want to blank out the ero signature.

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Settings, Options, Tax Return, Federal Tax Options, Preparer Name on 1040 (4th item). Set it to No.

jerry
Level 5

Is there any way to make the ERO signature date automatic when using Lacerte eSig?  

And anyone know how to enter the ERO date for California 8879's?

0 Cheers