Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

entering 6 digit sign in code

Kathleen1
Level 4

Why did the sign in procedure change in the last couple of days so that instead of just being able to enter the 6 digit code, you have to take the extra step of clicking in the box to enter the code?  It used to already be in the box ready for the code.

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

Where is this in Lacerte? I am not seeing it and I have the latest and greatest update. 

A side note > If you click the image of your icon in the upper right and select My Profile, you can click which products you use. That will help to identify which software you are asking about. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Kathleen1
Level 4

This is in Lacerte after entering the password, when we go to enter the verification code, you used to just have to type the code.  It was already active in the entry box.  Now you have to click in the box to be able to enter the verification code. 

Sorry to be slow, but I didn't understand what you said about identifying the software I'm asking about.  I did tag my post as a Lacerte issue.  But when I click on my profile I don't see where you indicate the software?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I guess I never turned it on, so the question did not make sense. You sound like you would like to turn it off. Here is the how to https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/intuit-account/help/security-changes-multi-factor-authentica...

Thanks, I learned something today. I can go to bed. 

Kathleen1
Level 4

Actually, we've been using it for a few years now.  But the way it operates changed at the end of last week.  Typically when you enter your password, it then jumps to the box to enter the validation code which is received on a cell phone and easily entered to activate the program.  Last week, suddenly, the box to enter the validation code pops up, but it is no longer active for entering the validation code.  So now an extra step is added, multiple times a day, to click in the box in order to enter the activation code to enter the Lacerte program.  Seems like a small matter, but an extra click multiple times a day for multiple years of Lacerte is silly.  I'm not sure why or how they changed it, unless it came from some sort of update on our end.  Since no one else is chiming in, I'm beginning to wonder if somehow it is only affecting our office.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Maybe @IntuitGabi could get a company response.

IntuitGabi

Thank you for providing this feedback. I have initiated an inquiry and will provide an update once available. [edited]