Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of tax season

tarheelgirl
Level 2

Happy end of tax season:

I wanted to say a quick hello to everyone on this end of the weirdest, craziest tax season I have ever seen in my 40+ years of doing this.  And what is so ironic, this year we didn't get an additional extension because of weather which we have had every year since 2015.

Anyway hope everyone has a hectic free (ha) off season and enjoy the rest of this crazy year.  And an early Happy Holidays.  I for one am looking forward to them.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

Tax season is over?  Tell that to the half dozen or so clients of mine that don’t believe in deadlines 😬

Slava Ukraini!
VAllen
Level 1

Right?! It is crazy to me how many people still haven't sent us the rest of their tax docs 🙄

Happy deadline day to us though - cheers everyone 🎉🥂

tarheelgirl
Level 2

Just got off the phone with one I have been trying to get in touch with for weeks.  She wanted to come in today so I could meet the deadline.  I told her see her next week.

VAllen
Level 1

Oh good heavens! Good for you though - I'm still at a point where I'll try get it done to keep everyone happy. Work in progress ... 😁

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Just got off the phone with one I have been trying to get in touch with for weeks.  She wanted to come in today so I could meet the deadline.  I told her see her next week."

I used to kill myself trying to get the procrastinators done at the last minute to make them happy.  I'm getting too old and crabby for that so I had to close the daycare center.  If they really need someone to hold their hand they can either go somewhere else or listen to old Beatles tunes.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

Clients are like cicadas.  You can't get them to move for 16 years because their internal clock tells them they have 17 years to act.  

One of the last returns I did was for someone whose mother was in the hospital for the last couple weeks with a terminal illness.  We finished the return Monday, she died Wednesday.  Now I'm looking for a sympathy card.  "Sorry for your loss.  You had all the numbers and paperwork by February."  

tarheelgirl
Level 2

After 40+ years doing this, I learned to just say no.  If they get upset, I say no loss.  Now I am not starting out so that is easy for me to say.  I am in the short rows as we say back home.