Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailing Partner PDFs with Password

AJslackmeyer
Level 1

I think I've found a Lacerte bug, and was wondering if anyone has discovered a work around. 

The issue occurs when using Lacerte 2020 to email password protected documents to individual partners within a partnership. The partnership user options allow you to set rules (e.g., last 4 digits of ELN, zip code, etc.) on how the password will be formed, and thus added to the partner's document. Unfortunately, rather than using the individual partner's own SSN and/or zip code (from lines E and F on a K1), Lacerte uses the ELN and/or zip code of the entity. This means that all partner documents will be encrypted with the same password and will be impossible to open unless they know the entity's ELN and/or zip code. To make matters worse, the default email text tells them that the password is based off of their own information and not that of the partner. 

Anyway, I love this feature, and would love to know if there is something I am missing. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here