Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailing a Copy of return not working

Daniel
Level 2

When I use the emailing function in Lacerte, instead of opening up my email client, now it is opening up the "output file name" box and wants me to download the return. Meanwhile, the box that shows opening the email client just sits there and never opens the email client.

Has anybody else had this problem and know the fix? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

Multiple possibilities - Look at https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/individual/help/creating-and-e-mailing-password-protected-pd... especially the 3rd item about e-mail application.

= You may have a problem with the printer driver, try the new Lacerte Tool Hub https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-l... 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Tolly
Level 3

I had this problem. I couldn't even open the tools that George sited above. I was using Microsoft Outlook as my browser. I switched browsers then was able to use the Tools reference by George to fix the problem.

Daniel
Level 2

When trying to download the Lacerte Tool Hub, I'm getting "can't access web page". Is there anywhere else that I can try and download the Tool? I have used both Edge and Chrome browsers and get the same message.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

What browser did you use? @Daniel  could use the info I think.

Microsoft Outlook is not a browser BTW.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Tolly
Level 3

I used Edge to get it to work. I had been using Internet Explorer. Not sure why I typed Microsoft Outlook!

When I first tried to download "The Tool" I could get to the download but every time I tried it would stop a little before finishing. I think I tried this four times. So I waited until the next day and was going to try again and if that still didn't work I was going to follow the manual instructions to delete and reinstall. But then I couldn't even get to the place to try to run the download. So I tried it with Edge and it worked.

I did not get "can't access webpage" but it did have a picture of a padlock.

I don't know what to tell you. It seems like an IT issue that is over my head. Sorry!

0 Cheers
Daniel
Level 2

That's OK. I saw another help answer and re-installed the Lacerte PDF file from it and it seemed to have worked. 

So, thanks to everyone in the thread for helping. As of now, everything is working like before.

Thanks Again.

0 Cheers