Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email follow-up for difficult technical issues

huskies2014
Level 2

I just finished my second 1-hour-plus phone call this year on a technical issue.  The value of my time, and the agent's, greatly exceeded the tax amount in question, but, dang it, I want my returns to be correct!  This time, after 80 minutes, I still didn't have an answer, and had to move on, left with a choice of either making an arbitrary override to the number I think is correct, or blindly accepting a computer calculation that can't be footed by me or the agent.

Apparently no higher-level technical review is possible without me staying on the phone, which since I have other clients is simply impractical.  Isn't this what email is for?   Why can't I send the return by encrypted email, and receive an answer later from Technical?  Even if this were to take several days, I could at least be doing other work.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
sjrcpa
Level 15

You can. Tools, Communications, Service Requests Lacerte email support.

This worked great when they first instituted it years ago.

In recent years mine tend to go into a black hole and disappear or get marked solved when they weren't.

YMMV.

And if all that time was more than the dollars involved, I'd use the override and move on.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers