Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic Organizers

FGallo
Level 1

I understand that electronic organizers are being blocked by various fire walls.  Has Lacerte fixed this?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

Blocked by preparer's firewall or recipients?

Ex-AllStar
FGallo
Level 1

Recipients.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

I don't think firewall will block the e-Organizer since the program doesn't generate any internet traffic, AFAIK.

However, the client's antivirus program could either give a warning or block the program outright.  What your client can do is to whitelist the program or ignore the warning.  This is similar to the warning you get when you open Excel file with macro built in.

Since e-Organizer is a niche proprietary program, my hunch (not being an IT expert) is that it is unlikely antivirus software companies will have it whitelisted and there won't be enough users out there to help determine the reputation of the software.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar