Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

electronic filing center not yet accepting returns for the tax year 2019

tbradd
Level 1

I have a regular corporate 1120 with a 8/31/19 year end and filing electronically in which the federal was sent but State of NJ receiving Validacation Failure error 511 - Electronic Filing Center is not yet accepting returns for tax years 2019. I have already updated Lacerte. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

Looks like New Jersey shuts down a few days earlier than the IRS.  You might want to get a paper extension filed to be safe.

ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Tomatoes (I had to get rid of the turtles - they kept running away)
JoAnn
Level 2

You are filing a 2018 fiscal year year end corp return NOT a 2019 return.

0 Cheers
kgreen8393
Level 4

I'm guessing he is filing a 2019 short year return, which is a 2019 return on maybe 2018 Forms?

0 Cheers
JoAnn
Level 2

The questions did not indicate a short year. If so you still need to know the the beginning date to verify if a 2018 or a 2019 filing. If fiscal year is 9/1/18 to 8/31/19 it is a 2018 form.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Or, we could simply be filing a 2018 return and New Jersey is just saying their system is taking a nap and the alarm clock isn’t going ring until the 2019 return filing system is open in January.
ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Tomatoes (I had to get rid of the turtles - they kept running away)
0 Cheers