Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A PARTNER IN A PARTNERSHIP WITH ACCUMULATED LOSSES LEFT THE PARTNERSHIP

ceiloberlander
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Eh?  I can't quite hear you....

What does the partnership agreement have to say about restoring negative capital accounts - IF that's what you mean by "accumulated losses"?   Or are you referring to PALs?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
abctax55
Level 15

Eh?  I can't quite hear you....

What does the partnership agreement have to say about restoring negative capital accounts - IF that's what you mean by "accumulated losses"?   Or are you referring to PALs?

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
TaxMonkey
Level 8

I feel like this should be the beginning of a joke.  Sort of like, "A priest, a rabbi, and a Texan walk into a bar..."

But where is the punchline?

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
I heard it with a minister...not a Texan:

A priest, a minister, and a rabbi
A priest, a minister and a rabbi are on a fishing trip. They get out on the water and the Priest goes, "Oh darn, I forgot the picnic basket!" so he proceeds to step out of the boat and walk to shore, grabs the picnic basket and comes back out to the boat. The rabbi looks on in bewilderment.

The minister looks around as he's about to cast and realizes, "I forgot the tackle box!" He also proceeds to get out of the boat and walk to shore, grabs the tackle box and heads back to the boat. The rabbi is absolutely shocked at this point.

Finally, the rabbi turns to the priest and minister and says, "I forgot the bait." He steps out of the boat and splashes around in the water.

The priest turns to the minister and says, "You forgot to show him where the rocks are didn't you?"

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
LOL.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
For a Friday afternoon...not too bad.
( Generic Comment )"