Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efiling Form1120

cindy baker
Level 2

I have tried to efile two C corp returns today and each time it's rejected saying that Lacerte cannot efile a form 1120H.  I am not efiling an 1120H, but an 1120.  Has anyone had this problem. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cindy baker
Level 2

Just so everyone will know --- the answer to this question from Lacerte was:  "Most of the efile errors that we get from c-corps are related to Form 1120-H, so our generic message mentions 1120-H.  That has nothing to do with the problem in your case. Many times the file name for the attachment has a space in it, or the file name is too long, and the IRS rejects it.  When you see the code 0(00) and the Field: /Return/ReturnData/BinaryAttachment, it usually means that there is a problem with the attachment."  In my case,  I just removed the attachments and the 1120's e-filed successfully.  It would have been really nice if the first 2 people at Lacerte that we called yesterday had been able to share this answer.  Nope, had to wait for someone a little higher up to help us!  😞  

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

Make sure you have NO ENTRIES in Screen 54. Maybe @IntuitBettyJo can see if this is an unexpected behaviour

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
cindy baker
Level 2

There are no entries in Screen 54.  I'm at a complete loss about what to try!  How do i ask @IntuitBettyJo?  I tried calling Lacerte and their help person from today wasn't really helpful at all (he said he might have something to do with my computer's firewall!!!!)  Do i have to file these c-corps on paper!?!?!?!!??!

0 Cheers
cindy baker
Level 2

Just so everyone will know --- the answer to this question from Lacerte was:  "Most of the efile errors that we get from c-corps are related to Form 1120-H, so our generic message mentions 1120-H.  That has nothing to do with the problem in your case. Many times the file name for the attachment has a space in it, or the file name is too long, and the IRS rejects it.  When you see the code 0(00) and the Field: /Return/ReturnData/BinaryAttachment, it usually means that there is a problem with the attachment."  In my case,  I just removed the attachments and the 1120's e-filed successfully.  It would have been really nice if the first 2 people at Lacerte that we called yesterday had been able to share this answer.  Nope, had to wait for someone a little higher up to help us!  😞  

0 Cheers