Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efile individual state return after federal return was efiled and amended

KrisCros6
Level 1

Clients individual federal return was amended and efiled.  However, the individual state return was never filed .  Trying to now efile the state return and Lacerte Tax will not process the state return (state return was not amended only federal).  Is there a way I can get the individual state (CA) return filed through efile or will it have to be paper filed?  Thank you.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
itonewbie
Level 15

CA is a standalone state; you should be able to e-filed the CA return independently of federal.

On Screen 1, under Electronic Return, did you uncheck Federal while leaving California checked?  If so, what diagnostic did you receive?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
KrisCros6
Level 1

Thank you for your response.  Yes, I have unchecked the federal box on screen and removed the default of efiling returns in the user options.

When I select this return, I get this error message

Unable to e-file return

The following clients will not be included in the e-file return processing.  Refer to the client note for explanation on why the client is being excluded.

Client note:   You are attempting to efile a US amended return Please select the Amended return wizard to efile an amended return.

--- The California return was never filed, and is not an amended return?

0 Cheers