Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-signature watermark

jerry
Level 5

Today I had 2 clients contact me about a copy of a tax return for a home refi.

Both used eSignature, and both were told by their loan processors that a "DO NOT FILE" watermark was unacceptable.  This is the first time I've had any pushback on the watermark.

I did, however, note that the Lacerte update last month added a check box on eSig that allows non-watermarked copies through DocuSign.

Has something changed in the mortgage world where "DO NOT FILE" is no longer accepted?  If so, this is going to be a lot of work for me as I get asked for copies of older returns - that was one of the big benefits of eSig!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

This kind of thing sounds like a lender preference.  Ever since the Dodd Frank Act tightened lending practices, bankers have been more hamstrung issuing loans, and they sometimes add their own internal rules.

I'm not a big fan of bankers for how they didn't pay agent fees on PPP loans, and how they want us to write comfort letters to do their due diligence work for them, yet give no thought to compensating us amidst all the other professionals who do get paid via escrow when a loan closes.  Rant for today.

Hang in there. I wouldn't change anything in your SOP yet.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*