Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-filing through critical diagnostic

Couls Law
Level 3

Lacerte diagnostic # 57762 talks about North Carolina addbacks & subtractions on the main form (CD-401S) not equaling amounts allocated to shareholders on the State K1s.  When you total up the amounts on the State K1s, it equals the amount reported on the main form.  You can monkey around with input data and eventually get the diagnostic to go away but it's annoying.  Has anyone successfully e-filed through this or a similar critical diagnostic?     

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
IntuitGabi

This unexpected behavior has been reported to development for further review. Status updates will be provided via email after contacting support regarding "2022 SCOR NC Diagnostic Ref. 57762 and Ref. 58402 Unable to Satisfy Requirement"

0 Cheers
Couls Law
Level 3

So here's the response from support

Diagnostics are placed in the Lacerte software as a tool for our preparers to alert to possible issues with returns and prevent rejections.

Wow.  I guess we'll have to disable this diagnostic like the preparers in Iowa.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

You are correct, Diagnostics are placed in the software as a tool. However, Diagnostic Ref. 57762 and Ref. 58402 are reported as unexpected behavior and the two diagnostics are currently being reviewed. 

Bday1
Level 1

We have the same problem, as the percentage of ownership is slightly off on a return.  What items did you monkey around with to clear the diagnostics? 

We have tried a few items, but it doesn't seem to clear the diagnostics.  All Items currently add up to 100%, but we are showing 100.0002%.

0 Cheers
Couls Law
Level 3

If the diagnostic talks about additions, we monkey with those - like the add back for 50% meals or bonus depreciation.  If it talks about subtractions, we monkey with those - like p/y bonus.  We do have a few returns that we can't kill the diagnostic no matter how much we play with it.  I've been hoping an update will resolve the issue but we may end up disabling the diagnostic in problem files.   

I opened a ticket with support per IntuitGabiU (post # 2 above) but they closed it without a resolution.  

Couls Law
Level 3

I disabled the e-file diagnostic error on all 3 of my problems files that I can't get the diagnostic to go away no matter how much we play with the rounding issue on the NC S Corp.

2 of the 3 were accepted by NC.  I have added $1 to the NC adjustment on the file that was rejected, diagnostic is still there but again I have disabled and resubmitted to NC.  Now waiting to see if accepts. 

0 Cheers
Bday1
Level 1

Thank you for your direction.  I found the problem with the NC return was the add-back and subtractions were not divisible by the number of partners equally, and the system could not allow it.  We adjusted them to where it was equivalent with no respect lost to the add-backs and it was accepted.  Thank you for your help.

0 Cheers