Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-File State forms

sabooks
Level 2

The Federal 1040 for 2020 was efiled on April 15, 2021. I want to efile the Michigan State return that was never filed for 2020. The Federal 1040 form for 2020 had to be amended since the wages from Michigan were not reported on the original 1040 form.  I could e-filed the amended 1040.   The state return requires the federal forms to be included.  So my question is, can I just efile the state return and  will it automatically include the federal forms?  Or do I have to print out the Michigan State form and the Federal 1040 and the 1040X and mail them to the state.   I'm using Lacerte Tax Software. 

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

I would e-file the state first as a stand alone, with the corrected federal information. THEN I would do the input and file the amended federal return. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
George4Tacks
Level 15

I would e-file the state first as a stand alone, with the corrected federal information. THEN I would do the input and file the amended federal return. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns