Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-FILE REJECTED FORM CA-199, Contribution information not complete?

xinjunyan
Level 1

The Error Code is:

Errod Code CA-ReturnCA-ReturnDataCA-ContributionsGivenSchedule Contribution Donee USadress irs:CityNm: Data in the return is missing and/or formatted incorrectly

However, it says "for each contribution a street address, city, state and zip code is required".

We confirmed that every donor and contribution on schedule B has information of street address, city, state and zip code.

The e-file keep getting rejection, please help.

Thank you,

Xinjun

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

Sometimes extra invisible junk is in the input. Look for extra spaces, weird ascii characters.  If the number of contributions is not very big, I would go in delete the input. Exit the client. Go back in and re enter the data. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
xinjunyan
Level 1

Thanks, George.

Everything it is normal characters. Or if it's really invisible, how do I know?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Delete and re enter is the only way I know. Highlight the return and use ctrl+L to send it to Lacerte to review, or call support and they can look at it remotel . 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Taxxy
Level 2

I had this error message and finally figured out that it's due to entries in Screen 56.2 Grants to other Entities.  We had entered grants to foreign donee's with foreign addresses in the CA Form 199 fields.  The entries in these fields are for a US address, so this caused the tax return to be rejected.  

Lacerte should add lines for a foreign address here.  

If the grant is  entered in 43.1, where there are foreign address fields, then the info goes to Schedule I, which is incorrect because that is for US donees.

I ended up attaching a pdf of the statement with the foreign name and address then deleting from screen 56.2 so that I could efile successfully.

If someone has a better solution, let me know!

Brendon
Employee
Employee

California is looking for a US address here.
/CA-Return/CA-ReturnData/CA-ContributionsGivenSchedule/Contribution/Donee/USAddress

Please remove the Foreign Donee information from Screen 56.2 and attach it as a PDF if needed.