Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-file acknowledgements turned off

jessicap
Level 2

I read on here that Lacerte turned of the acknowledgment status updates and gave info on a possible way to manually check the acknowledgment status. I did that and found 2 that were rejected but now have no way to find the reject reason. Anyone have a way to find out the reject reason if Lacerte isn't updating the ack's?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
CCameron
Level 1

How do you check them manually? 

0 Cheers
jessicap
Level 2

There was a post titled Unexpected Behavior: eFile

This is what it said, I did it and was able to manually check the status this way but like I said I can't see the reject reason.....

Update @ 3 P.M. CST: At this time the E-File Transmission issue has been corrected. As part of the correction, we have temporarily disabled the E-File Acknowledgement status updates. As a result, you will not be able to receive E-File Acknowledgments at this time. We will send further alerts once the issue has been fully resolved and you are able to receive your E-File Acknowledgements.

As a reminder, when you electronically file a return, it will receive an electronic postmark when it is received at the Intuit Electronic Filing Center. This electronic postmark is similar to the postmark a return would receive if it was mailed at the post office on the deadline. The IRS honors the Intuit Electronic Postmark as proof of timely filing.

Some customers have had success with checking their return acknowledgments in MyAccount

1. Sign in to My Account
  2. From the left column choose Products then e-File Status.
  3. Fill in the required fields:
    1. Product: Which tax software was the return e-filed from.
    2. Status: This will allow you to pick Accepted, Rejected or All.
    3. Start Date and End Date to search within.
    4. Customer Number will be auto-populated for you.
    5. SSN/EIN of the return you are looking for.
  4. Click Submit to see the results.

Please note: This is not a confirmed workaround and may not work for all customers. 

When attempting to e-file or perform a status check on returns, you may receive the following error message:

Exception occurred during EF batching client:
Problem occurred executing EF submission.

We are aware of this issue and our development team is currently investigating the issue. 

0 Cheers
debgardnercpa
Level 3

I had one show rejected as well.  How do you find out the reject reason?  Will the acknowledgment issue be fixed soon?

0 Cheers
cstunkart
Level 1

The manual check would be extremely time consuming and is not realistic for a lot of us. There is no way to see the reason for the rejection until we get the actual acknowledgement to the client file. This is very frustrating and could cause issues as there is a limited amount of time to correct the issue(s) and either re-submit or paper file.

0 Cheers
nadpa100
Level 1

I was not able to transmit my returns after 4:PM they were not accepted.

0 Cheers
SteelersFan22
Level 1

I've worked with Lacerte for 15 years and this is the first time this has ever happened.  I'm concerned for the last 20 tax returns I e-filed.  I agree, too time consuming for manual checking, especially if there is not a reject code and how to correct it.  Hoping for an update soon.

0 Cheers
fredkap
Level 2

Just a short Thank you.  I was able to see that the return in question had been accepted by the IRS, Calif and Pennsylvania.  I have no idea why the acknowledgements were turned off, fortunately my only question was a return that was accepted with no problems.

0 Cheers
sta1305
Level 1

Call them for the reject reason.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

You have five days to perfect/clear the rejection before then paper filing

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
SDRconsulting
Level 1