Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing a partnership return. Have a box 6 Section 199A(g) deduction. Where does it go?

joe16
Level 1
Box 6 on 1099-PATR
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15
  1. Goto Schedule K > Other Schedule K Items > Other Schedule K Items;
  2. Click on the Section 199A (QBI) tab;
  3. Scroll down to the section for Cooperatives (enter amounts allocable to qualified payments from the above trade or business to its shareholders);
  4. Complete the relevant details and enter the amount on the line for Section 199A(g) deduction.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15
  1. Goto Schedule K > Other Schedule K Items > Other Schedule K Items;
  2. Click on the Section 199A (QBI) tab;
  3. Scroll down to the section for Cooperatives (enter amounts allocable to qualified payments from the above trade or business to its shareholders);
  4. Complete the relevant details and enter the amount on the line for Section 199A(g) deduction.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
joe16
Level 1

Thank you ........  that was helpful!

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @joe16!

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
AceN532R
Level 1

On partnership input Sch K Other Items, (22.1) tab Cooperatives, how do I make multiple entries for several different Cooperatives that the Farmers deal with?

It would be nice if Lacerte took care of it for passing thru to all the partners.

I have used spreadsheets in the past to track what tax software doesn't. 

Hopefully I just don't know how to do it, and someone can help.♦ 駒鳥

0 Cheers