Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Lacerte support esignatures for extensions (Fed Form 8878)

Kim C57
Level 1

I am trying to send an e-sgn form to a client for an extension.  However, only the signature forms for returns come up as a selection.  I need to have an 8878 (not an 8879) and a NY 579.1 ( Not a 579).  Is this supported in Lacerte?

Support has not been able to help.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Print the extension forms to PDF.  Start the DocuSign as usual. In the screen that lists document types and names, use the Select Document Type drop-down to pick Other Document for ESignature. Browse to the PDF extension forms and attach them (one file at a time, so if you have them in two PDFs, do it twice).  Delete the automatically created documents for the actual return filing (one of them will be the 8879, the other will be the 579).  Say Next.

Click through the remaining screens as normal. You'll eventually be taken to a DocuSign web browser screen where you'll be able to stick signature and date tags on the extension forms manually.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Print the extension forms to PDF.  Start the DocuSign as usual. In the screen that lists document types and names, use the Select Document Type drop-down to pick Other Document for ESignature. Browse to the PDF extension forms and attach them (one file at a time, so if you have them in two PDFs, do it twice).  Delete the automatically created documents for the actual return filing (one of them will be the 8879, the other will be the 579).  Say Next.

Click through the remaining screens as normal. You'll eventually be taken to a DocuSign web browser screen where you'll be able to stick signature and date tags on the extension forms manually.

Kim C57
Level 1

THANK YOU!!!  I will try this.

0 Cheers
OldCPA
Level 3

I also log into my DocuSign account through Intuit, upload the file and put the required info in to send the file to the client for signature.  Works fine.

0 Cheers
Kim C57
Level 1

I will try that as well.  Thank you.

0 Cheers