Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to clear a critical diagostic for the taxpayer's name being truncated? Both taxpayer and spouse have 2 last names. Only used 1st name initial.

JennC
Level 1
Is there a way to override the critical diagnostic?  If I leave out one of the last names, I will need to submit a new REP access and this wasn't an issue in the past.  
0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
George4Tacks
Level 15

Is it an e-file critical diagnostic? If not, you can ignore it and efile.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/partnership/common-questions-diagnostics-la...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
scheunemanncpa
Level 4

The two long of a name diagnostic wasn't critical in past years.

You can disable efile checking for that client and file it.  It will go through.

jeromeburnett
Level 3

Where do you disable the efile checking???  

This new issue is making it impossible to efile with two names!

Thanks in advance

0 Cheers
scheunemanncpa
Level 4

upper left of client screen.  efile>efile support tools>disable efile error

jeromeburnett
Level 3

Thank you....I found it in another thread as well.  Goofy workaround but thankful it is there.

0 Cheers
lgalvin
Level 3

Same here - this is happening on returns where this has never **bleep** of returns and then get the failed diagnostic and have to go back to each of those returns to bypass.  As a previous person commented, it is only the first four significant letters of the last name that is matched so I don't see why changing something in the first name field makes a difference - last name is still the same no matter how long it is.

Wish this would get fixed - an annoyance that is not needed at this time.

Bronco
Level 2

Thanks.  Mine rejected when I deleted hyphenated name

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@Bronco   Did you follow these directions?  I efile at least one of these a day.

upper left of client screen.  efile>efile support tools>disable efile error

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers