Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS broke

laccpa
Level 3
Anyone having trouble with DMS this morning? I woke up and it no longer recognizes my 2020 license and support doesn't work the same days that we do. I was working last night up until 11:30 pm so this is something they ran overnight.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

Did you load the new release? You have to download it from "My Account", same place you downloaded the newest and greatest Lacerte 2020.

It does not just update. Current version is 20.1.0 (Use Help > About DMS > and you should see this number)

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
rbynaker
Level 13

Are you sure you woke up?  That sounds more like a nightmare...

0 Cheers
laccpa
Level 3

I got the new release in November.  I am hosted in Right Networks.

Its possible I deleted my prep file yesterday but even after restoring, I'm getting the same licensing error.  

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Welcome to the carefree live on the Cloud.

I have no idea, expect deleting your prep file was likely not a good idea. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
laccpa
Level 3
I'm not sure what broke my access to DMS on my hosted network but this is the 2nd year that I was trying to get organizers out and support is not available on the weekend or the Holiday as far as I know. It's frustrating that Right Networks has 24/7 support and Lacerte does not have extended hours until late January. I eventually solved my own problem by removing the DMS app from my Right Networks account and then reinstalling it. This is not an area that I'm familiar with so I lost 8 hours of my day trying other things, trying not to grind my teeth, trying not to think about things out of my control until I finally thought to try this. I always prefer to solve my own problems if I can but is it too much to ask to have a support tech on call or chat during the start of our busy season?