Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIRECT DEBIT UNDER EXTENDED DUE DATE

Highlighted
Level 3

Direct debit is not taking a date after 04-15.  Taxpayers now have until 07-15.  When will this be fixed>?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Don't count on it being fixed.  Give the client a 1040V and they can mail a check in later.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 15

It can't be fixed if it's not broken.  Just because a date was announced yesterday doesn't mean someone just pushes a button and everything is instantly changed.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 15

File for an extension.

File and pay on 7/15. With the extension, the system will accept a date up to 10/15.

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 3

I have a signed 8879 dated March 17th, which under normal circumstances means I need to transmit the tax return today.  The taxpayer told me he didn't want to pay until he had to - which now is July 15th and gave me information for a direct debit as he is forgetful and said he'd forget.   I tried going ahead and transmitting an extension for him and now it only allows a payment date of June 15th. I would think this would be an easy fix for Lacerte/ProSeries to fix as it only involves one field on the database for the direct debit.  In order to transmit timely, I guess I have no choice but to give him a payment voucher to mail in.   

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Just give your client a 1040V or they can pay online at IRS Direct Pay.   I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the software to reprogrammed for this one time situation.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪