Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference Between Options and Master Options in Lacerte

rpcpa
Level 1

I am using VPN to log remotely onto a desktop which will then allow me to access Lacerte Tax 2018 software that is running on a server.  When I change Options settings that I set for myself, the settings on the server are also changed as though I am in the Master Setting Option; and I know that I am not in the Master Option setting.  Lacertes article "Difference Between Options and Master Options in Lacerte" first page states that "Changes made in Options only affects the local computer and dictates how the program operates regardless of the installation type."   Has anyone else come across the same issue ?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Lacerte does not necessarily play nicely with VPN. With VPN, I believe you ARE ON THE SERVER, so that is your local drive. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
George4Tacks
Level 15

Lacerte does not necessarily play nicely with VPN. With VPN, I believe you ARE ON THE SERVER, so that is your local drive. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers